World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme aims to attract professionals from under-represented countries who can consequently improve their chances of being recruited by the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Programme is part of the Secretariat’s efforts to increase diversity and broaden the representation of the membership.
The selected young professionals are allocated to a specific division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the organization and based on the areas of interest of the young professional.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Category: Internships | Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: CHF 3,500 Monthly Salary | Medical bill | Travel Cost
- Deadline: Not Specified
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The WTO Young Professionals Programme was launched in 2016 as an opportunity for qualified young professionals from developing and least-developed countries that are members of the WTO to enhance their knowledge regarding WTO and international trade issues.
The areas of work may include accessions, agriculture, dispute settlement, intellectual property rights, government procurement (GPA), competition policy, market access, rules, trade and development, trade and environment, trade in services and investment, trade facilitation, trade policy analysis and trade-related technical assistance.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Program, you must:
- Be a national of a WTO member state.
- Have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work.
- Have a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work.
- Be fluent in English. A good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage.
- Be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.
Preference is given to nationals from WTO members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat. A list of unrepresented WTO members will be provided when the request for applicants is posted.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLY: 2023 Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-Germany: 2023 German Government DAAD Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Italy: 2023 Italian Government Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-China: 2023 Schwarzman Scholars Programme for International Students
- Participants in the programme receive a monthly salary of CHF 3,500.
- The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of motivation
- Completed online application
Method of Application
The request for applications for the Young Professionals Programme is published each year on the WTO external jobs platform.
The system provides instructions for online application procedures. Applicants must submit a letter of motivation along with the completed online application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region