Global UGRAD Exchange Program is designed to award undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S.
Within a short life-span, the Global UGRAD has gained immense popularity among the Pakistani university going students. With the first batch of 100 fellows of the 2010-11 Global UGRAD-Pakistan returned to Pakistan to complete their undergraduate degrees at Pakistani universities.
The Undergraduate Exchange Program is designed to award Pakistani citizens enrolled at Pakistani university or Colleges. This program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S. Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan who permanently reside in Pakistan. Students enrolled in either, a four-year bachelor’s program or a two-year bachelor’s programs are eligible to apply for the program. Students who have completed a two-year bachelors and are enrolled in the first year of their Master’s degree are also eligible to apply (only applicable to students who have previously completed a two year Bachelor’s). All disciplines are eligible to apply.
To be considered for the Global UGRAD Exchange Program, you must be:
- Pakistani citizens
- 25 years or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- In their 14th or 15th year of formal education
- Applicants are required to submit current/most recent, and old transcripts with application
- Dual U.S./Pakistani nationals or U.S. permanent residents
- Employees of the Fulbright organization, the U.S. Department of State, or USAID and their spouses, children, fiancés, siblings, dependents, and parents
- Students in their first or final year of university
Duration and Reward
- One semester – approximately half attend in fall and other half in spring
- The grant funds tuition
- Text books
- Living stipend
- Health insurance.
To apply, interested and qualified candidates must be ready to submit the following documents online;
- Photocopies of transcripts
- Achievement certificates
- CNIC cop
Method of Application
The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program is advertised every year (please check for availability) by September/October. Application form is required to be submitted online. All supporting documents, such as photocopies of transcripts including an explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission. Scan copies of all your university attested transcripts must be uploaded online including the most recent transcript.
NOTE: Only selected students will be required to provide Reference Letters and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current academic institution.