India-Africa Security Fellowship Programme invites applications for Fellows from Africa to interact with India’s research community.
The fellowship is to also pursue research on topics that may enhance our understanding of security challenges in Africa or possibilities of enhancing India- Africa Security cooperation.
The fellowship is an opportunity to enhance our mutual research capacities on strategic issues.
India-Africa Security Fellowship Fellows would be attached with MP-IDSA for a period of 1-3 months on a full-time basis.
- During the course of the fellowship, Fellows would be required to produce an Occasional Paper or a joint research publication with a MP-IDSA scholar as co-authors.
- Alternatively, the fellows could produce original high quality articles (4000-6000 words) which may be presented during a Fellows’ Seminar at the institute and will then be reviewed for publication in MP-IDSA’s flagship journal “Strategic Analysis”.
- Fellows may also write at least one commentary for online publication on the MP-IDSA website.
To be considered for the India-Africa Security Fellowship , you must be:
- Scholars and researchers from reputed universities, think tanks, government officials, defence services officers and persons of eminence are welcome to apply.*
Duration and Reward
- India-Africa Security Fellowship will offer residential accommodation, office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities. A Fellowship amount of Rs. 50,000/- per month along with economy class airfare will be provided to the Fellows.
Method of Application
Interested applicants in the India-Africa Security Fellowship may send an 800-word research proposal indicating the relevance of the proposal to the aims of the fellowship program, benefit to the institute, host (MP-IDSA), time-frame and the end product.
- A 500-word statement of purpose indicating how the scholar will benefit from the Fellowship.
- Updated resume
- Two published papers as writing samples
- Two letters of reference (professional/academic)
- Completed applications must be sent by post or email, at least three months prior to intended date of start of fellowship to “The Director-General, Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA)”, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates would require a research visa for the duration of the Fellowship. If accepted, MP-IDSA will provide a letter of affiliation to enable this process. To avoid any inconvenience, candidates may be requested to contact the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in their host countries for more information about the process and time line.