Microsoft research fellowship aims to motivate and assist upcoming researchers who will contribute to solving the world’s toughest issues.
Microsoft recognizes the value of diversity in computing and aims to increase the pipeline of talent receiving advanced degrees in computing-related fields to build a stronger and inclusive computing-related research community.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
Over the last two decades, the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship program has supported over 700 fellows around the world, many of whom have gone on to work at Microsoft. Others have gone on to perform pioneering research elsewhere within the technology industry or accept faculty appointments at leading universities.
- Applicants from any country may apply.
- All Ph.D. students must be able to complete their degree by the year 2024.
- To be eligible, students must be enrolled at a university in their specific region. All Applicants from the Asia Pacific region must be studying at a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan. The same applies to applicants from other regions.
- Your research needs to be aligned with the research offered in your specific region.
- Nominations of Ph.D. students must be made by their respective institutions.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-South Africa: 2024 University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-USA: 2023 Michigan State University Graduate Research Assistant Program For International Students
Duration and Reward
- A tuition waiver will be provided for the academic year 2023-2024.
- Stipends in cash will be provided.
- This stipend may be used to cover living expenses, attend conferences, and conduct research.
- Fellowship participants will be given the opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference.
The required documents varies depending on the region of applicant.
Method of Application
Candidates should make sure they understand the slight variations in application requirements across regions before they submit their application.