World Bank Fellowship Programme is for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Women are encouraged to apply. Through the fellowship, we aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change-makers in development research and policymaking and assist poverty reduction in the region.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host Country: United States of America
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Sahara Africa Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship to Washington DC | Other attractive allowances
- Deadline: August 25, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations.
To be considered;
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Germany: 2023 Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
Duration and Reward
If accepted, you will:
- spend six months getting hands-on experience at the WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office. The fellowship requires in-person availability for the period January-June 2024.
- work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goals of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
The following additional attributes are highly desirable:
- A command of an additional World Bank official language
- National from fragile and conflict-affected countries
- Candidates from refugee and internally displaced communities and/or with proven experience on forced displacement
The selection process consists of two phases:
In the first phase, a short-list of candidates will be made available for hire for the different units of the WBG depending on applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified of about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
In the second phase, the final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.