The Akwa Ibom State Government is currently offering scholarships to eligible undergraduate students currently studying in Nigerian Federal and State universities.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Akwa Ibom State Government Scholarship is an annual award of N200,000 to successful indigent candidates as support for tuition and living expenses.
The scholarship will be awarded every year to these students provided the criteria for retaining the scholarship are met.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- University of Sydney Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students to study in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $40,000 annual stipend.
- The Dublin City University Scholarship for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and €23,500 annual stipends
- 2022 International Honors Scholarship at Longwood University to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $24,000 annual stipends
The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has approved the Award of Scholarships to 500 (Five Hundred) indigent (very poor) but intelligent students, studying in Federal or State Universities in Nigeria with effect from the 2021/2022 academic session valued at N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) only for each student, per session.
The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- be registered, full-time indigent but intelligent students in Federal or State Universities;
- be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale;
- produce testimonials from your institution;
- present certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State;
- NOT be more than Twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application;
- All applicants will be expected to state the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of their Parents, after fulfilling the academic requirement;
- All beneficiaries will be expected to submit academic results at the end of every session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board;
- Any beneficiary who falls below the required CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarships Scheme;
- Change of course or institution will NOT be allowed while enjoying the scholarships.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship award is an annual N200,000 grant given to successful students renewable every year until the end of study.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- Letter stating the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
Method of Application
Suitably qualified undergraduates are invited to log on to the official website of the scholarship and fill out the application form by clicking on the button below.