Applications for the 2022 Government of Japan METI Internship is currently onoing for interested and qualified undergraduate and graduate students worldwide.
The Government of Japan METI Internship is a fully-funded internship to the host country and will provide successful students with monthly stipends as well as equipment benefits.
The 6-week internship will also provide you the opportunity of securing a job in Japan upon completion by providing the necessary skills and know-how you will need.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Netherlands, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Queensland Scholarships for International Students in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $28,854 annual stipend.
- 2022 Flinders University Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $28,854 annual stipends
- The 2022 Rhodes Scholarships for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £17,310 annual stipends
Table of Contents
The Government of Japan Ministry of Energy, Trade and Investment will hold an internship program in Japan! The main targets for this event are those who from in developing countries, and people who are going to university or under graduated.
The event is planned to be held twice a year (summer and winter) and scheduled to recruit 200 interns, so please join us during your summer and winter vacation! We hope to see you then.
To be considered for the internship, you must satisfy the following:
- Promoting the internationalization of Japanese companies through internships,
- Ability to cooperate with companies in expanding overseas business and building networks with overseas universities.
- Target countries or regional citizens.
- Workspace access/daily access from home (5 days a week, Monday through Friday)
- Japanese Language Proficiency (JLPT Japanese Language Proficiency Test N3 or above) or English Language Proficiency
- Students must be able to submit a certificate of enrollment from their university, etc., and a letter of recommendation from their university or university faculty, etc.
A person who has already graduated can submit a certificate of graduation from the university to which he/she belonged and a letter of recommendation from a university teacher or institution to which he/she belongs.
- Persons who may submit certificates of various qualifications
- A person who can participate in events hosted by the secretariat and participate exclusively in internships at the company site, at a designated university, at home, etc. at a designated time.
- Persons who are available for activity on the activity day specified by the Secretariat.
- A person who can make efforts for smooth communication during the internship.
- Any other person who meets the specific conditions specified by each company.
- Persons who did not participate in this project from FY 2016 to FY 2021
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Internship Duration and Reward
- Opportunity to get a job in Japan – After joining the internship, there is a chance to proceed to the interview for a position in the company!
- This is an Internship program in Japan, mainly targeted for university students from developing countries.
- The office will arrange the necessary equipment (PCs, Wi-Fi facilities, etc.) to participate in the internship. In addition, the following will be provided for participation.
- For those who attend universities in Japan: Transportation Expenses are provided.
- Accommodation will be arranged for those who participate from far away.
- [Online participation] Those who attend universities outside of Japan will receive transportation expenses from home.
- [Participation in Japan] Those who attend university oversea
- Payment of staying expenses (including transportation expenses and food expenses)
- VISA acquisition support
- Arrange flights/accommodations
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Evidence of graduation (Graduates)
- Evidence of language proficiency (Non-English speakers)
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation (undergradautes)
Method of Application
The selection will be conducted through document screening and interviews.
In the selection process, individual documents such as various certificates
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.