The Konrad Adenauer Foundation-SAIIA Scholarships provides successful candidates with the opportunity of enrolling for a master’s degree by course work in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism and other related subjects within the Humanities and Social Sciences discipline, while simultaneously working at SAIIA’s offices in Johannesburg.
Konrad Adenauer Foundation-SAIIA operates worldwide with the aim to promote democracy through dialogue, political education, and training. Since 1999 KAS has funded an internship programme, run by SAIIA in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand.
Table of Contents
- Host: Konrad Adenauer Foundation and SAIIA
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Competitions
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: September 22, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The programme is output-focused and the KAS-SAIIA scholars, who are assigned to mentors, generally go on to high-profile and high-powered positions in public and private life. The scholars are supported in honing their methodological, research and writing skills, and are encouraged to:
- Co-publish newspaper articles on topics relevant to the work of SAIIA and their studies.
- Co-author articles in SAIIA publications; and
- Improve their presentation and organisational skills.
To be considered for the Konrad Adenauer Foundation-SAIIA Scholarships must:
- meet the entry requirements for a master’s degree at the relevant university
- not be older than 30 years.
- Students who have already completed a first year of their Master’s programme are not eligible for the internship.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Successful candidates receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation. The programme is output-focused, and scholars are assigned mentors.
- The duration of the internship is from 01 February to 30 November each year.
To apply, candidates must submit the following documents;
- A letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers for enrolment into a Masters Programme.
- A full CV that includes at least one additional written reference with your application.
- Your full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- A two-page motivation of why you are applying for the scholarship programme and why you should be considered as an applicant.
- Completed quiz (open for qualifying applicants only)
Method of Application
To apply, interested and qualified candidates should click on the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button below.