The 2022 OIST Japan Internship is currently open and accepting applications for interested and qualified candidates worldwide.
Selected candidates for the OIST Internship programme are offered up to $4,000 per month and will also be assisted in visa acquisition, insurance procedures, and local registration.
The internship is a short-term placement which give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique under the direction of a Professor and contribute to the research activities of OIST.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and Canada, offering full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Verona Scholarships for International Students to study in Italy| offers Full Scholarships and a €16,243 annual stipend.
- 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford University for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £17,310 annual stipends
- The Missouri University of Science and Technology Scholarship for International Students in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and $24,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Japan
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Internships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Up to $4,000
- Deadline: October 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The OIST Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through our Research Intern program in STEM fields.
duration of the internship is typically from 2 to 6 months. These short-term placements give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique. Interns will work under the direction of a Professor and contribute to the research activities of OIST.
Students in Bachelor and Master program or recently graduated interested in joining the OIST PhD program may undertake educational activity at OIST as a Research Intern.
A research internship at OIST provides students with experience working in a research environment under the direction of OIST faculty.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the OIST Japan Internship, you must:
- be in the final 2 years of the undergraduate or Masters programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or graduates of such institutions.
- have approval from their home institution.
- have appropriate academic background to your desired host unit(s) at OIST.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 University of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarship for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
OIST will provide the following support for successful applicants.
- Internship Allowance
JPY 2,400 per working day (Non-taxable and weekends excluded)
- Commuting Allowance
OIST Shuttle Bus Pass
- Travel Expenses
One direct round-trip air ticket (travel date will be closest date to the term of placement)
- Furnished apartment on or off campus
OIST will also assist in visa acquisition, insurance procedures, and local registration. This will only be provided for the student. Therefore, this does not pertain to the dependents and family members of the student.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Statement of purpose
- Academic Transcript and Diploma
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
Method of Application
- Applications to the program must be made through the online form.
- You can only submit your application after at least one recommendation letter is received in the application system.
- You will receive an auto-notification that your application has been received. (Please check your settings to ensure you can receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following the application period, applications will be screened and selection will be completed.
- The result announcement will be posted on your application platform 3 months after the application deadline. You will receive a notification when the result is posted. (In some cases, applicants’ email services/settings prevent receipt of our notifications. Please confirm that your inbox is able to receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following final confirmation of internship offers, all necessary arrangements will be made, in cooperation with the interns. Your cooperation is required for timely completion of logistics to begin the internship, including possible visa preparations and other necessary Japanese government documentation.
Click on the button below to commence your application.
Deadline: October 15, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region