WAAW Foundation Annual Scholarship Program aims to support undergraduate African Female Students studying any Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related course at any African university.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
Accepted courses are: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
a. All fields of Engineering
b. All computer science
c. Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental
d. Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
e. Agriculture, Geography, and Statistics etc.
a. CORE MEDICAL COURSE like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing etc.
b. Social Science courses
c. Art courses.
You need to fit all the criteria to apply for the scholarship;
- Female students of African origin living in Africa
- Between the ages of 16-32
- Confirmed admission to a higher institution in Africa studying undergraduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field.
- Can demonstrate financial need for the scholarship
- Excellent academic record
- Volunteering and community service.
Special consideration is given to underprivileged students such as orphans, girls impacted by HIV.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa.
You need to submit short essays on the following;
- Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies.
3. In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- 4. Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
Method of Application
If eligible, fill out all fields completely. Please ensure you fill in your CORRECT Email address. Note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Kindly note that this application is in 4 stages;
1. Personal Information
This form cannot be edited once submitted. Ensure that all information is accurate before you submit.
*Please note that WAAW Foundation does not fund graduate (Masters, MBA or PhD) programs, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.