DAAD Scholarship in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses offers foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
And in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
With its development-related postgraduate courses, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from developing and emerging countries.
Well-trained local professionals who are networked with international partners play an important role in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
In this article, we will explain the benefits of the DAAD Scholarship in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses and how to apply for the over 40 courses available.
Summary of DAAD Scholarship in Germany
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | 1,200 Euros Monthly Stipends | Transport Allowance
- Deadline: March 31, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Details of DAAD Scholarship in Germany:
The DAAD Scholarship in Germany supports candidates for Masters degree from developing countries who have a strong academic and professional background.
Masters or PhD courses available for:
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics;
- Development Cooperation;
- Engineering and Related Sciences;
- Regional and Urban Planning;
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences;
- Natural and Environmental Sciences;
- Medicine and Public Health;
- Social Sciences, Education and Law;
- Media Studies.
Eligibility Requirements of DAAD Scholarship for Development-Related Courses
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Is currently working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: Proof of adequate language skills, according to the regulations of the respective courses
Benefits of DAAD Scholarship in Germany
Duration of funding:
12 to 42 months (depending on the course of study)
- Monthly scholarship rate depending on level of training of 934 euros for graduate students or 1,200 euros for doctoral students
- Benefits for health, accident and private liability insurance
- Subsidy towards travel costs, provided the costs are not borne by the home country or another party.
In addition, the following additional benefits can be granted under certain conditions:
- monthly rental assistance
- monthly supplements for family members traveling with you
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2024
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- DAAD Application Form, physically signed and dated
- Up-to-date CV (europass), physically signed and dated
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages), physically signed and dated
- Certificate(s) of Employment from employer(s) that prove you are currently employed and have the minimum requirement of two years of relevant employment (between completion of your Bachelor’s degree and the application deadline).
- Proof of English proficiency,
- Diploma & Transcript of Records copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) (secondary school leaving certificate) copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- Ranking Letter if additional proof is needed to show that the final grade of your previous degree was actually above average
- Recommendation from current employer, on official letterhead, including information on the position and the contact details of the referee, signed and dated.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2024
To apply for the DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Courses, applications must be made directly to the respective course.
Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2023.