The Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to pursue a bachelor or master degree in the Netherlands.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Erasmus University Rotterdam. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and students from these countries thus cannot apply. The scholarship amounts to € 10.000.
Erasmus University Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: €10,000
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: February 29, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Erasmus University Scholarship Details:
The Erasmus University Scholarship will only be awarded when the applicant will start with the same programme for which he/she has applied and for which the applicant has received admission. Switching programmes after being awarded a scholarship is not possible.
Applicants granted the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship should be aware that it applies to only one academic year and he/she can only receive the scholarship once.
The number of applications each year exceeds the number of available scholarships. No rights can therefore be derived when the above-mentioned minimum application criteria are met.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Erasmus University Scholarship:
To be considered for the Erasmus University Scholarship, applicant must:
- be a national of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- have never been enrolled before as a full degree student at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
- be selected for one of the following programmes*:
- Bachelor International Econometrics and Operations Research
- Bachelor International Economics and Business Economics
- Double bachelor BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics
- have registered for one of the above-mentioned bachelor programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in StudielinkOpens external, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Application Portal before 1 March in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- complete the mathematics entrance exam in either February or March with a sufficient result, if found math deficient during the bachelor application procedure.
- have achieved excellent study results during his/her secondary school education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.5 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a detailed financial statement, describing your financial situation and how you plan to finance your studies (i.e. cover your tuition fee payment as well as the remaining living expenses), in case you will receive the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship.
- have completed the immigration application before 15 May. Completing the immigration procedure entails having submitted the immigration application documents, as well as having transferred the remaining tuition fee + the remaining part of the living fee deposit + the IND handling fee before 15 May. For more information, please see the section ‘amount and payment’ below and the website on immigration procedures for prospective students.
- eventually be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
Benefits of Erasmus University Scholarship:
The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship amount of € 10.000 is split into two parts: € 5.000 is used as reduction on the tuition fee, the other € 5.000 will be received by the student through 10 monthly payments. The amount of € 5.000 that the student will receive, can be used as part of the required living fee deposit for the immigration procedure.
Required Documents for 2024 Erasmus University Scholarship:
To apply, interested candidates must be submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter: stating your motivation to study at Erasmus School of Economics, showing evidence of being an excellent student and demonstrating why the scholarship would enlarge the opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics (max. two A4).
- Financial statement: describing your financial situation and the reason and need to receive the scholarship.
- Budget plan: overview explaining how you plan to finance your studies in case you will receive the Erasmus University
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript.
- Certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA. The GPA template document below can be used for this. You can also a statement provide by your home University, but it is important that this statement contains the same information as our standard statement.
How to Apply for 2024 Erasmus University Scholarship:
Once you have gathered all the required information, you can submit your application by clicking the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button below.
The outcome of the scholarship application will be sent on the 18 March 2024. All applicants will be officially informed via e-mail about the outcome of their scholarship application. If you are awarded the NL Scholarship Erasmus University, you will receive further details in the nomination email.