Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright Exchange, builds connections between U.S. and foreign leaders to advance solutions to the most pressing global challenges, from combatting climate change, to protecting human rights, increasing access to education, and building global health security.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program was founded in 1978 to honor the late Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey. President Jimmy Carter announced the establishment of the Humphrey Fellowship Program in Venezuela with the intent to create a program that embodied the values of democracy, social justice, and a desire to assist the world’s developing nations.
Humphrey Fellowship Summary:
Humphrey Fellowship Details:
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a Fulbright exchange activity funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education.
This fellowship is a 10 months program offered to mid-career professionals with a proven track record of leadership, a public service commitment, and a capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent non-degree study at a leading U.S university.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Humphrey Fellowship:
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community
- Limited experience in the United States
- Demonstrated English language ability
Benefits of Humphrey Fellowship:
The Humphrey Fellowship is a fully sponsored opportunity.
Required Documents for 2024 Humphrey Fellowship:
Interested applicants must apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country. Applications must contain:
- Complete answers to all questions; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the prompt.
- Two letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer.
- Official transcripts in English: Ensure all transcripts uploaded by the applicant are official, valid documents. Transcripts must list courses taken and grades received. Diplomas need only be uploaded if the transcript does not show proof that the degree was obtained.
How to Apply for the 2024 Humphrey Fellowship:
To apply for the Humphrey Fellowship, interested and qualified applicants should use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button to proceed to the application page.