Iowa State University Scholarship offers international students up to $25,000 per year to support graduate student stipends during their Masters or PhD program in the United States.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Borel Global Fellows Program supports students from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue graduate studies at Iowa State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
In this article, we would explain to you how to apply and benefit from this offer.
Iowa State University Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Sahara African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | $25,000 Annual Stipends
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: January 15, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Iowa State University Scholarship Details:
The Borel Global Fellowship Program seeks to help eradicate food and nutrition insecurity while promoting wealth and health for subsistence farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
This will be achieved by educating scientists at Iowa State University who will become knowledge leaders that reside and work in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Thanks to a generous gift from ISU alumni Jim (’78 agricultural business) and Marcia (’78 family environment) Borel, the Borel Global Fellows Program was launched in 2018.
Eligibility Requirements for Borel Global Fellowship
To be considered for the Borel Global Fellowship, you must:
- be admitted into a graduate program in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- commit to completing graduate studies as a means for preparation of a career contributing to food security in Sub-Saharan Africa
- complete the majority of their graduate research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- demonstrate an intention to work and live in Sub-Saharan Africa after completing their graduate studies
Benefits of Iowa State University Scholarship 2024
- Up to $25,000 per year per student is available for graduate student stipends (or a combination of a partial stipend and research funding).
- Funding duration is up to 30 months for MS students and up to 42 months for PhD students.
- Additional funding is available for travel to and from Africa for research purposes.
Required Documents for Iowa State University Scholarship
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed application form
- cover letter from the major professor,
- a CV of the student, and
- a copy of the student’s goal statement.
How to Apply for Iowa State University Scholarship (Step by Step)
Intrested in apply for this Borel Global Fellowship? Here are the steps to follow;
- confirm your eligibility status
- Completed application will include a cover letter from the major professor, a CV of the student, and a copy of the student’s goal statement.
- Cover letters will address the commitment of the major professor to provide the remaining required funding (typically tuition, fees and research costs) and his/her commitment to support the student’s research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applications are not accepted directly from graduate students. Applications may only be submitted by Iowa State University professors to request support for graduate students who have already been accepted into a graduate program in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.