The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is open to citizens of certain developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The World Bank provides scholarships to students and young researchers, contributing to the World Bank’s mission of forging new dynamic approaches to capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world.
Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Summary
- Host: Government of Japan | World Bank
- Study Abroad: Study in USA | Study in UK | Study in Europe | Study in Asia | Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Accommodation | Air-Ticket
- Deadline: May 24, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Details:
Subject to available funding, JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 52 Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
To accommodate the academic calendar of JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs, the next application process will be organized in two rounds:
- Application Window#1
From January 15 to February 29, 2024 at 12:00 noon EST
JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs accepting applications under Window #1
Names of selected applicants will be announced by end of March 2024
- Application Window #2
From March 25 to May 24, 2024 at 12:00 noon EST
JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs accepting applications under Window #2
Names of selected applicants will be announced towards the end of June 2024
After earning their degree, developing country scholars commit to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries’ social and economic development.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program:
To be considered for the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program, applicants must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline.
Benefits of Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program:
The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
How to Apply for 2024 Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program:
To apply for the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship, interested and qualified applicants should use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button to proceed to the application page and complete the process.