The Leventis Foundation is a charitable company dedicated to the training of youth and farmers in modern and sustainable agricultural practices and rational use of natural resources.
The Foundation has been running agricultural training for youths and farmers since 1987 and currently has established six agricultural training schools in different agro-ecological zones of Nigeria. The schools located in the FCT, Osan, Kano and Gombe states are co-funded by Leventis Foundation and the respective State Governments. All the schools offer training to young people (male and female) desirous of making a good career in farming and agribusiness. The comprehensive one-year training exposes the participants to several areas of agriculture, agricultural value chains and other farm businesses.
Leventis Foundation Training Programme Scholarship Summary
Leventis Foundation Training Programme Details:
The objective of the Leventis Foundation Training Programme, which is FREE OF ALL COSTS to the beneficiary, is to create in Nigeria, generations of committed young practical farmers who will act as a catalyst for an agricultural revolution in ther communities and while advancing the food system.
Admission is open to both male and female candidates, Tuition and boarding (including feeding) are provided free of charge for successful candidates throughout the duration of the course.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Leventis Foundation Agricultural Schools Training Programme
Applicants for the Leventis Foundation Agricultural Schools Training Programme should fulfill the following conditions:
- Be physically fit.
- Ability to read and write in English (evidence of e minimum of secondary leaving school certificate may be required).
- Aged between 18 and 40 years old.
- Pass both written and oral test prior to final selection.
- Should demonstrate a perceivable interest in
- Proof of a farming background is an advantage.
Benefits of 2024 Leventis Foundation Agricultural Schools Training Programme
The Leventis Foundation Agricultural Schools Training Programme will run for a year with extensive participation in several areas of agriculture.
How to Apply for Leventis Foundation Training Programme
Application in applicant’s own handwriting including concrete information in respect of each of the above requirements together with a letter signed by the chairman or secretary of the candidate’s Local Government of origin, or an attestation letter from a Justice of Peace (JP), two (2) recent passport size photographs, three (3) references and photocopies of academic qualification(s) or relevant documents should be forwarded to any of the addresses below, preferably, to the school of choice
- Leventis Foundation/Osun State Agricultural Training School Imo, P.M.B. 5074, Desa Osun State
- Levents Foundation/Kano State Agricultural Training School
Panda, Albasu Local Government PM.B.3555, Kano Kano State
- Leventis Foundation/Gombe State Agricultural Training School Turnu, Akko Local Government Gombe State
- Leventis Foundation/FCT Agricultural Training School Yaba, Abaji Area Council P.M.B.001, Abaj, Abuja.
- The General Manager (Technical and Training) Levents Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte
No 2, Leventis Close, Central Business District, PO Box 20351, Gari Abuja, FCT.
In addition to the one-year training, Levents Foundation (Nigeria) offers a variety of consultancy service and targeted short courses in several aspects of agriculture eg. processing and packaging, Poultry production, vegetable production, bee-keeping, honey production, fhh farming mushroom production, value chain development, feed formulation, green house farming and hydroponics, urban farming and climate smart agriculture.