MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity open to all young people between 18 – 26 from all over the world who wish to address community projects
The MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship covers the areas of education, health, and economic security. The year-long program prepares young people to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
The program team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
Summary - MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
Details of MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
The 2024 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship will take place in New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont, from July 9 – 18, 2024. Accommodations will be provided by New York University in New York and Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont.
MCW Globals Young Leaders Fellowship begins with the Community Needs Assessment – A one-month community needs mapping that prepares young people, between the ages of 18-26, from around the world to understand their local communities better.
After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a one-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities.
Requirements for MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
To be considered for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program, you must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2024);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
- Submit a completed application on or before Sunday, November 12, 2023, 11:59 PM (NYC EST time).
MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Duration and Reward
- International Economy Flights for international participants
- Domestic Economy flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 8 – July 18, 2024
- Three meals per day from July 9 – July 18, 2024
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
COST NOT COVERED BY MCW
- Passport Fees
- Visa Fees
- In-Country Costs (travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.)
Required Documents For MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
- The application must be filled out in English.
- Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
- The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Application Portal
- Click below to create an account and submit the application by Sunday, November 12, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship should apply using the link below
MCW will provide a room the night before and after the program for those whose flight schedules require them to arrive the day before or depart after the program.
This is considered to be a part of the program, and it is the responsibility of the participant to notify MCW at least a month before the start of the program if they require housing.