The MOPGA Visiting Fellowship Program welcomes early career international researchers, providing assistance to those conducting research in France.
France, as a major player in the fight against climate change and guarantor of the spirit of the Paris Agreement, is launching a new MOPGA visiting fellowship program geared towards strengthening scientific contributions to climate change issues raised by the COPs.
This seventh Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) call for applications is intended to welcome at least 40 early career researchers wishing to carry out their research in France. The program is funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research, and implemented by Campus France.
MOPGA Visiting Fellowship Program Summary
MOPGA Visiting Fellowship Program Details:
The MOPGA 2024 Visiting Fellowship Program for Early Career Researchers will support researchers working on topics listed in the “Research Themes” section. At least 40 fellowships will be awarded for a 12-month period from September 2024.
Five broad research themes are eligible:
- Earth systems
- Climate change and sustainability
- Energy transition
- Societal challenges of environmental issues
- Human, animal and ecosystem health as part as a “One Health” approach.
Description of the Research Project (in English or French):
- Research Project Title
- Keywords (6)
- Abstract of the Research Project (2,000 char. max.)
- Context and Motivation (2,000 char. max.)
- Scientific Objectives (2,000 char. max.)
- Methodology and Timeline (4,500 char. max.)
- Project position in relation to the MOPGA scientific domain (2,000 char. max.)
- Collaborations and/or impacts for the candidate’s country of residence in relation to the research project proposal (2,000 characters max.)
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 MOPGA Visiting Fellowship Program
To be considered for the MOPGA Visiting Fellowship, applicants must be:
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years
- No nationality restrictions (except France)
Benefits of 2024 MOPGA Visiting Fellowship Program
This fellowship includes the following benefits :
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Moving allowance of 500 euros
- Health Insurance plan covering civil liability and repatriation assistance until the MOPGA Fellow’s registration to the French Social Security Scheme
- Complementary Health Insurance plan covering civil liability and repatriation assistance once the Social Security registration process is effective.
Required Documents for MOPGA Visiting Fellowship Program
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- CV including the list of your publications in English (4 pages max)
- PhD Diploma (or certificate of PhD diploma)
- CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution (2 pages max)
- Letter of support from the French host institution
- Letters of recommendation (3 max)
- Passport or proof of ID
How to Apply for MOPGA Visiting Fellowship
To apply for the MOPGA Visiting Fellowship, interested applicants should use the link created below to submit the required documents and follow stated instructions.