The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation identifies talented young Nigerians from our various Partner Universities who have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises needed to aid them in long-term career development.
Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program Summary:
Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program Details:
The Scholars Program is an early career-accelerating program that provides diverse opportunities to the selected Scholars from our various Partner Universities. Each Scholar goes through a weeklong orientation program that exposes them to career development training that is pivotal in facilitating an easy transition into the global workforce.
The NHEF Partner Universities are:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program:
To qualify for the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program, each candidate:
- must possess a strong commitment to Leadership, Community Service, and Philanthropy, as well as making a lasting impact across the globe.
- must be in penultimate students at our Partner universities, i.e. 300 Level students studying a 4 year course or 400-level students studying a 5 year course.
Benefits of Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program:
During the NHEF Scholars Program, each scholar undergoes intensive training by a thoroughly selected group of international facilitators. The Scholars then take up internship placements at our Partner Firms, which typically last 6 – 8 weeks. They also go through a robust curriculum, ensuring continuous personal and professional development.
How to Apply for Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program:
- Log on to the NHEF application portal.
- Register by creating an account on the portal: enter your first and last name, email address, phone number, and password.
- After registering, verify your email address by checking the inbox of the email address you registered with. Click the link or copy the URL to your internet browser.
- Once your account has been validated, log in using the email address and password you created.
- Proceed to the application by clicking on the APPLY tab from the dashboard.
- Complete all the bio-data information and the program essay questions on the application page.
- Candidates should be prepared to upload the following supporting documents: a one-page Curriculum Vitae (CV), a one-page Cover Letter and the most recent Statement of Result (All in PDF format).
- Review application responses and submit.
- Note: We suggest that interested candidates should have the responses to the application questions already filled on a separate document, e.g., Word Document, so it will be easier to copy and paste their responses into the application answer box. This is because the application cannot be saved. Hence, it must be filled and submitted at once.