The Singapore International Graduate Award covers the tuition fees of successful candidates, an annual stipend up to $32,400, as well as a settling-in and travel allowances of $1,000 and $1,500 respectively.
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs.
- Host Country: Singapore
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fee
- $32,400 Annual Stipends
- $1500 Airfare
- $1000 settling allowance
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
To be considered for the SINGA, you must:
- Be an international graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Possess good skills in written and spoken English
- Possess good reports from academic referees
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports. ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Method of Application
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.