In this article, we are going to take you through the step-by-step guide to submit your application for the ongoing Schwarzman Scholarship.
The Schwarzman Scholarship is a yearly award organized by China to fund the postgraduate studies of international students across the world. The Scholarship body receives $350 million largely from international donors.
Application for the 2023 version of the award is currently ongoing and is expected to close by September 19, 2023 – Here are the key things you should note:
- This scholarship allows you to apply if you are a university graduate and also if you are a Final year student who will have graduated before August 2024.
- This scholarship wants you to be at least 18 years old and not up to 29 years old by August 2024.
If you meet these criteria, you should quickly submit your application for the ongoing Schwarzman Scholarship. Winners of this year’s award will receive a Full Scholarship with a monthly stipend to start their postgraduate studies abroad in August 2024. Here are the step-by-step guide for you to follow;
The Required Documents
To ensure your application is smooth, here is a list of all the documents that will be requested from you by the Schwarzman Scholarship:
- Your CV or Resume
- A brief biography of yourself (100 words)
- A 1-minute video of you speaking about yourself (This is not a compulsory requirement).
- Your university certificate and/or Transcript (for those who are still in their Final Years) | Note: The transcript can either be official or unofficial.
- English Test (IELTS or TOEFL) – This is not required if your country’s language/native language is English.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Step-by-step guide to submit your application
Follow these steps to submit your application for the ongoing 2023 Schwarzman Scholarship for you to be considered for a Fully Funded Scholarship abroad.
Step 1: Sign up or Login to Schwarzman Scholarship website
Step 2: Input your details into the portal
Once you are logged in to the portal, you will proceed to fill in the following sections of information:
- Personal information: This includes your name and other personal details.
- About Me: This requires you to write a 100-word brief about yourself. You are advised to see the styles used by selected scholars to formulate yours.
- Education: In this section, you will be required to update, scan and upload your academic details including your university certificate and Transcript.
- Language Skills
- Leadership Roles: Here, you are required to input up to five leadership roles you have partaken in that illustrate you to have leadership experience and initiative.
- Awards and Recognitions: If you have won awards either as an undergraduate or a graduate, you are required to input them in this section.
- Professional Experience: You are required to list up to two of your most recent full-time work experience in chronological order. Do not list part-time work, internships, or volunteer opportunities and if you do not have any work experience, do not need to fill this section.
- Essays: You will upload essays on the Statement of Purpose and Leadership Essay (More details about this in the next step).
- Recommendations: Register 3 recommenders’ contact details that can attest to your academic and leadership abilities.
- Disciplinary Action: You will be required to provide answers to some questions related to your conduct.
- Signature: Type your full legal name in place of your signature in the box provided.
- Review your Application for confirmation/errors:
Step 3: Check Your Essays and Recommendations
Before you submit or finalize your application, it is important that you read and proofread your essays. The Statement of Purpose and Leadership Essay required forms one of the major factors that determine the success of your application.
Leadership Essay: You are required to write an essay on your leadership skills with not more than 750 words. You are to pick one from the suggestion below for the Leadership Essay:
- a time you used your intellectual abilities to identify an important challenge or opportunity, and how you crafted a solution;
- an instance when you used your interpersonal skills to inspire a team effort towards a solution;
- an example of when you have pushed through resistance or an obstacle to realizing positive change for the community around you.
Statement of Purpose: You are required to write a statement of purpose not more than 500 words. Describe what particular social, cultural, business, policy, or global issue is the current focus of your motivation. Why and how did you develop an interest in this issue, and why do you think that interest might continue in the future? What are the major factors involved in this issue, and what is your leadership vision to drive positive global change?
Short Answers Questions: You will also be asked to answer the following questions in not more than 100 words:
- Take one aspect of the mission of Schwarzman Scholars as you see it and describe how it aligns with where you are today, professionally and personally, and how it will advance your goals.
- Tell us something about yourself the Admissions Committee would not otherwise know based on the other parts of this application.
Ensure to write these essays with strong adherence to the guidelines, proofread them to avoid duplication of ideas and if possible, seek the input of past scholars to review them before submitting your application.
Recommendations: Out of the three recommenders you will provide, one must be your University Lecturer or Professor or any other appropriate recommender who can speak directly about your academic abilities.
One letter must address your demonstrated leadership abilities and potential while using specific examples. This can be submitted by an employer, supervisor, mentor, faculty member, or other appropriate recommender.
The third letter may be written by a recommender (e.g., an employer or mentor or community leader) who can offer further insight into your current profile.
Step 4: Submit your application
After reviewing all the details you inputted for accuracy including your personal details, the certificates uploaded, your essays and recommendations, you have successfully completed the application requirements and can proceed to submit.
Click on the Submit button immediately. The Status Page will appear after you have submitted your application. You can review your submitted materials until the September 19, 2024 deadline of the application.
We hope this article has been helpful for your Schwarzman Scholarship application. We wish you luck.
If you liked this article and are interested in other scholarship-related articles, then follow us on WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook and Telegram using the links below for a real-time update on scholarships opportunity