The 2022 AIMS Scholarships have opened for interested and qualified African students to pursue a postgraduate degree at the multinational institute.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The AIMS Scholarships offer students from African origin fully-funded awards covering full tuition fees, relocation stipends, equipment and research costs.
Students benefit from full scholarships by studying at AIMS which give them continuous access to computing, internet and electricity as well as close interaction with full-time tutors and visiting professors from across the world.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Queensland Scholarships for International Students in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $28,854 annual stipend.
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- Host: Carnegie Corporation of New York & AIMS
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- Relocation costs
- Monthly Stipends
- Electronic equipment
- Deadline: June 13, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
In partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is inviting students who are in the final stage of their MSc or MSc holders with an interest in data science and its related disciplines to apply for one of seven attractive PhD scholarships at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
The related disciplines are Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others.
AIMS will be offering up to seven fully-funded PhD positions in this prestigious new doctoral program. The recruited students will be based in Rwanda at AIMS Rwanda, or any of the other AIMS centers, in partnership with universities and research institutions across Africa and globally. The program aims to train future change-makers, who will have an impact across academia, industry, education, and government.
To be considered for the AIMS Scholarships, you must:
- Be an African citizen
- Hold a Master’s degree (completed by Sept 2022) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or other relevant fields;
- Have sufficient theoretical foundations evidenced by prior work (courses/thesis/other training);
- Have qualification for pursuing research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming expertise;
- Possess research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities;
- Have motivation for pursuing a PhD by research in the suggested topic
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Length of program: 4 years
- Fully funded (stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation costs, conference attendance, direct cost to graduating institution such as tuition fees and registration fees)
- International supervision teams from well-known research institutions
- Research topics that push the boundaries of data science (focused on AI/ML and/or health)
- Candidates can choose from a list of proposed research topics, and AIMS will assist in building a supervision team around these topics. Alternatively, candidates can suggest their own research topics, together with a proposed supervision team. Selected students will start in October 2022.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover at least all items mentioned in this template that apply to your case)(This document is not editable. Please download or create your own.)
- Transcripts (Please submit both your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant. )
As part of the application form, you will be able to
- Select or suggest a research topic
- Name two academics (ideally senior researchers), who are willing to write a letter of support
- Indicate whether you already are admitted at a university or otherwise have future plans that you consider to combine with this program
- Motivation letter (1500 characters)
Method of Application
A small number of shortlisted candidates will be invited to round 2 of the selection process. In Phase 2, supervision teams are formed and applicants discuss with potential supervisors more details on their research plans. As part of Phase 2, applicants are asked to submit a detailed research proposal. Women applicants are encouraged to apply.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and qualified applicants should click on the button below to commence their application.