The 2022 Margaret McNamara Educational Grants for African Women have begun accepting interested and qualified applicants aiming to study in South Africa.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is an award of $7,000 as an educational grant towards the cost of studying in top South African Universities for successful candidates.
The MMEG mission is to assist women from developing countries who are pursuing their education with the aim of improving the lives of women and children in their countries.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 Monash University Singapore Alumni Scholarship for International Students to study in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and an annual stipend worth $360,000.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- The 2022 Politecnico di Milano Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students to study in Italy | offers Full Scholarships and 10,000 EUR annual stipends
- Host Country: South Africa
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: $7,000
- Deadline: September 14, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Margaret McNamara Education grants are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to return to or remain in their countries, or other developing countries, and work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at time of application deadline;
Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member, spouse, retiree, or MMEG Board member;
In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
already be enrolled part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full-time at one of the universities you find on the list here.
be enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January and July 2023);
hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-UK: 2023 University of York Thanzi Scholarship Programme For International Students
Study-In-Germany: 2023 University of Hohenheim Scholarship For Research Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US-Canada program, and up to US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America, and Trinity programs. Grant amounts may vary, based on exchange rates and availability of funds.
- Grant funds are disbursed in February for the South Africa program, and in February and March for the Latin America program.
Method of Application
ONLY semi-finalists are contacted for a telephone or video interview, two to three months after the application deadline, and will be kept apprised of the outcome.
The results are announced on MMEG’s website in mid-December for the South Africa program.
Click on the button below to commence your application.
Deadline: September 14, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region