The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at University of Pretoria has now been opened for qualified and interested African students who willing to study in South Africa.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and have been admitted to one of the programmes at the University of Pretoria.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, accommodation, meals and living stipends of successful candidates for the duration of the Masters programme.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Toronto Lester Pearson Scholarships for International Students to study in Canada| offers Full Scholarships and annual stipend.
- The 2022 Rhodes Scholarships for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £17,310 annual stipends
- The 2022 Government of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $9,516 annual stipend.
- Host Country: South Africa
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Living Stipends
- Laptop + Equipment + Book Costs
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
he University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be a citizen from Africa.
- Come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will commence in January 2022 and will cover the following;
- Tuition fees
- Airfare Ticket
- Living Stipends
- Laptop + Other study costs
The available programmes are programmes offered by the following faculties;
Postgraduate Study Programmes
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Honours and Masters degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
Method of Application
Students will have to first applu to secure admission at University of Pretoria.
Applications to study at UP opens on 1st March and closes on the 30th August of the year proceeding the year of study.
Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program must then follow the following application process.
Apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form. For more information, dial +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for undergraduates and postgraduates enquiries.
After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty. The faculty will inform you whether you have been admitted.
Once you have been admitted, please contact email@example.com to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.
Begin your application process by clicking on the button below.