Application for the 2022 Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarships at the United States International University of Africa (USIU – Africa) is now open for eligible and interested African students.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The USIU-Africa Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarships will provide full-cost scholarships including travel, accommodation, meals, and laptop costs to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
By the completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipends
- 2023 University of British Columbia Killam Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in Canada | offers Full Scholarships and $32,000 annual stipend.
- The University of Westminster Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £20,285 annual stipend.
- Host: Mastercard
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- Monthly Stipend + Laptop
- Accommodation + Meals
- Deadline: September 16, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. -By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
To be considered for the Mastercard Scholarship, you must:
- Be a youth not exceeding 29 years old
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in
International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
Method of Application
- Interested applicants can download the application form from here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
- Submit the completed application form by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format and clearly named while saving, with your name as the email subject to: email@example.com or drop your application at the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office located on the 2nd Floor, Old School of Humanities and Social Sciences Building at USIU-Africa, or post your application to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE OR MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- Any queries can be directed through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254730 116 218 or in person.
Begin your application by clicking on the button below.