Applications for the University of Ghana scholarship are open for students from developing countries.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Ghana
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Accommodation | Medical and Accident Insurance
- Deadline: September 9, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in a full-time postgraduate programme with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2022–2023 academic year. Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of the WHO African Region are eligible to apply.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, TB/HIV and COVID-19.
Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low- and middle-income countries.
Study areas for the scholarship
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programmes are taught in English.
- Master’s in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be resident in and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank)
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application
- Meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty
- Be proficient in English
- Provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of the programme; and
- consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship will run for a period of 12 months
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver,
- basic medical and accident insurance,
- a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living costs; and
- support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection
ONLY Shortlisted applications will be contacted for further assessment through interview. Selected candidates will receive a letter of offer from the University of Ghana and will have seven (7) calendar days to confirm acceptance following notification of the offer. After this date it will be assumed that the student is unable to take up the scholarship. The University of Ghana reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if any information provided in support of the application is false.
Method of Application
To apply for the University of Ghana (Master of Public Health Programme or Master of Science Applied Health Social Science) TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research:
Step One (1):Click on the link and read more about the application requirement processes, then click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
Step Two (2):Select the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”, create an account, login and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). Be sure to select either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Health Social Science. Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Only applicants who have completed all three steps will be processed further.