The International of Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) has announced the opening of the 2022 ILRI Postgraduate Fellowships for interested and qualified African students.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The fellowship at ILRI will offer a competitive stipend to cover living expenses, medical insurance cover, meet research expenses, and tuition fees.
The successful candidate will also benefit from various capacity development opportunities available at ILRI and will be supervised jointly by an ILRI scientist and the university/academic supervisor.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
ILRI is recruiting a PhD fellow to develop and implement a risk assessment framework founded on the One Health approach along wildlife meat value chains to determine the magnitude of this problem.
The fellow will also analyze biological samples that were collected recently from these value chains to determine the prevalence of selected zoonotic pathogens in these chains. S/he will work with a team of researchers with a wealth of expertise on emerging infectious diseases (EIDs), food safety and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) work.
This ILRI PhD Graduate Fellowship position is part of the CGIAR Research Initiative on protecting human health through a One Health approach.
The aim of the initiative is to protect human health by improving the prevention, detection and control of zoonoses, foodborne diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in low- and middle-income countries. The initiative will work in seven countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire, India, Bangladesh and Vietnam.
To be considered for the ILRI Postgraduate fellowship, you must:
- Bachelor’s degree in veterinary medicine, animal science, public health or other relevant areas and master’s degree within relevant field e.g., epidemiology, ecology and data science.
- Quantitative statistical analysis skills.
- Experience in qualitative or quantitative risk analysis is an advantage.
- Good skills in a programming/scription language (e.g., R and STATA).
- Experience with QGIS or ArcGIS.
- Willingness to travel and to spend time in the field.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and international team, very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Proven publication record (peer-reviewed).
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between July 2022 and December 2025 at the ILRI Vietnam;
- ILRI will offer a competitive stipend to cover living expenses, medical insurance cover, meet research expenses and tuition fees. The successful candidate will benefit from various capacity development opportunities available at ILRI and will be supervised jointly by an ILRI scientist and the university/academic supervisor.
- A cover letter addressed to the Head of Capacity Development, ILRI expressing their interest in the fellowship position and what they can bring to the fellowship. The position title and reference number REF: GF/ILRI/AHH/04/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- CV including names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
- Copies of academic qualification certificates/transcripts
Method of Application
- Applications must be submitted through our recruitment portal
- Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Interested and qualified applicants should click on the button below to commence their applications.