The Sydney Scholars Awards offers opportunities for Year 12 students or equivalent, who are commencing their studies in 2023 to apply for scholarships.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is valued at $6,000 p.a. (for Domestic as well as international students completing high school in Australia) and tenable for one year.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The scholarships will be offered to students who achieve an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 (inclusive) or equivalent in conjunction with a personal statement. You need to have the University of Sydney listed as one of your preferences throughout the application period, i.e. from April 2022 to January 2023.
Please note that if you do not include one of our courses in your preferences, we are unable to access your ATAR, and will not be able to offer you a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants enrolled in any University of Sydney undergraduate degree. ^ Domestic students – an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or the holder of a permanent visa
- be a domestic student or an onshore international student who is due to complete or recently completed an Australian Year 12 qualification such as the HSC or an equivalent qualification such as the International Baccaulaureate
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 or equivalent
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Note: Domestic students with excellent academic ability experiencing financial hardship or other disadvantages may also choose to apply for the Sydney Scholars Awards on equity and hardship grounds.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Sydney Scholars Award is valued at $6,000 and is tenable for one year of an undergraduate degree.
- Personal Statement
It is important to provide a Personal Statement to support your application.
Your Personal Statement is your introduction to the University, our opportunity to get to know you and an indication of your goals and achievements. It is a good idea to have your personal statement saved as a separate document that you can then copy and paste into the online application form.
There are six questions for the Personal Statement, please note each answer has a 1000-character limit.
- Why are you applying for your chosen course?
- Tell us about your academic achievements so far.
- Tell us about your future goals.
- Discuss any extra curricula, leadership, personal or community activities you are involved in and why? 5. How do these activities contribute to your current and future aspirations? 6. Anything else you would like to tell us?
Method of Application
The scholarship application deadline for 2023 admission is 30 September 2022.
When applying for the scholarship online, you must submit all supporting documents including a Personal Statement.
It is important to read the Sydney Scholars Application Information and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.