Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship is available to both domestic and international students who wish to study Computer science and IT, Engineering, Science and mathematics.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
This scholarship was established in 2019 by Andrew and Paula Liveris and is maintained by the income generated from an endowed fund.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
(The Andrew N. Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership was established at The University of Queensland in 2018 with the support of a generous donation of $13.5M from UQ alumnus Andrew N. Liveris AO and his wife, Paula Liveris.
The Liveris Academy is designed to cultivate the next generation of leaders with the capacity to address grand challenges at a time of dramatic socio-economic, technological and environmental change. Scholarships are offered as a “Liveris Academy Merit Scholarship” or a specific “Named Scholarship” under the auspices of the Liveris Academy Scholarship Scheme.)
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Will complete, or have completed, year 12 in the two year period prior to the year of the award (2022, 2023)
- Have completed no more than one semester towards the following programs in the year of award:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- an engineering integrated program
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- a dual program including one of these programs; or
- Have not undertaken any tertiary study at Bachelor level or high prior to enrolling in the approved program (special studies not included)
- Do not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- $10,000 per annum. You may also receive up to $10,000 for travel support for approved Gap Semester, exchange or internship opportunities.
- Evidence of academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an approved program
- Quality of the short video and essay
- Evidence of personal qualities including:
- leadership potential, community service and/or engagement
- alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy
- demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated strength of interest in undertaking co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- Any other matter the selection committee considers to be relevant to your future success at UQ and in your subsequent career.
What happens next
We’ll acknowledge your application by email. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, email email@example.com
If you’re considered eligible, we’ll forward your application to a selection panel to review.
If you’re selected, we will notify you in writing to organise an interview.
Method of Application
- A cover letter
- Your resume
- A copy of your semester 2 Year 11 report and your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent) or most recent university transcript if already attending UQ
Apply using the online application form.
You’ll also be asked to prepare a short video that’s no longer than 1 minute, and to respond to a few short answer questions to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.