Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships is available for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University [UNISSA], Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] and Politeknik Brunei (PB)in Brunei.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
These scholarships are awarded to the students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: Brunei
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarship | Masters Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accomodation | Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: February 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship to Foreign Students Tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Scholarship provides applicants with the opportunity to pursue studies at the Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree level at the following institutions of higher education in Brunei:
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours, one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
Documents to be uploaded in the application form (BDGS Application Form):
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
Method of Application
For queries related to courses/programmes offered, please browse the following links:
Universiti Brunei Darussalam
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
Universiti Teknologi Brunei
Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
- To apply, please fill in the online Application Form at the following link – BDGS Application Form.
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
- For further queries please contact us at: queriesBDGS2023@mfa.gov.bn