Application for 2022 Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is open for all international students to study at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards. You won’t select which award you wish to receive when you submit your application – our team will automatically consider you for the awards that you are eligible for.
The four categories are
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, exceptional leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award: This award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under challenging circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without significant financial assistance.
- International Impact Award: This award is offered to exceptional students who have expressed commitment to and solutions for social justice issues, climate change, equity and inclusion, societal health and wellness, and freedom of expression.
- Vantage One Excellence Award: This award is offered by UBC Vantage College for academically outstanding international students who do not yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC . The awards range in value up to the full cost of a student’s academic program and living expenses.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for the Award, you must:
- Be an international student who is willing to study in Canada
- Have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June one year prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2022
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree
- Demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totalling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.)
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Full Scholarship for international students to study at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form to be filled online via the school website
Method of Application
- Decide on the academic program you want to study, and which campus you want to choose.
- Submit your application to UBC.
- To apply for the International Scholars Program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee. Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
A single high school, college, or university may nominate up to three students for UBC Vancouver (including Vantage College), and one student for UBC Okanagan. A non-profit may only nominate a high school student who is involved with their organization. This nomination will count towards the total nominations permitted from a student’s school.
(Please note: your nominator should be your school counsellor or equivalent, and your academic referee should be someone who is familiar with you and your work – for example, your teacher for your chosen area of study.)
4. Gather your required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards.
5. Apply for the International Scholars Program by completing the form.
Use the link below to apply.