The University of British Columbia Global South Scholar Programme is now receiving applications from interested and qualified scholars in all Global South Countries of the world.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The programme is a fully-funded fellowship providing visiting scholars with $15,000 for travel, accommodation, and honorarium expenses.
As part of their visit, the Global South Visiting Scholars are expected to give lectures, hold sessions with faculty and graduate students, and conduct independent research.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, seeks to host an exceptional scholar from the Global South for a short-term, fully funded visiting scholar in-residence program.
The goal of this program is to support and expand the research strengths of the Law School in the area noted above, and to foster academic exchange and new research directions among Allard faculty members and international partners. The program also seeks to contribute to and strengthen the resources of international partners.
To be considered for the fellowship, you must:
- Be a from a Global South Country
- be an early to mid-career scholar with a demonstrated commitment to research and/or legal work in the area of resource extraction and/or land grabs, with a particular focus on the rights of Indigenous peoples and local communities.
- be a currently appointed faculty at institutions located in the Global South.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The successful Global South Visiting Scholar (GSVS) will spend a minimum of two weeks and maximum of one term in residence
- The GSVS will receive funding for travel to Vancouver and accommodation not exceeding $5,000 CAD, and an honorarium of approximately $10,000 CAD.
- The total amount of funding will be assessed in relation to the duration of the stay in residence. Visiting scholars will have shared access to an office space at the law school, library privileges, and will have a faculty host for the visit.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed application form (attached, pages 3 and 4).
- Curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter that describes the candidate’s scholarly record and objectives in visiting the Allard School of Law
- The names and contact information of two referees.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit completed applications in PDF by email no later than June 30, 2022, to:
Global South Visiting Scholars Program c/o Janice DeSouza-Vas
Administrative Assistant, Visiting Scholars Program,
Peter A. Allard School of Law,
University of British Columbia,
Questions about the program or application requirements should be directed by e-mail to