The scholarship is an award worth up to $100,000 ($25,000 per year) over 4 years based on the average entrance excellence of selected candidates.
The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world. Located at the heart of Canada’s capital, we have ready access to the great institutions of our country. Our advances in social sciences, health, engineering, science and the humanities make uOttawa a unique place to learn, grow and excel.
The University of Ottawa is proud of the diversity of its international student body. This renewable scholarship is offered to international students who are citizens of African countries, who are admitted in the Fall 2022 term (September start date) or later with an admission average of 80% or higher, who are studying in English, and who enroll in one of the specified undergraduate programs in the faculties of Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences.
This significant financial contribution to their education reduces their tuition fees by $17,500 to $25,000 for the excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for the entrance scholarships, depending on the program annually.
To be considered for the University of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarships, you must:
- be a citizen of an African country
- be studying in English
- be newly admitted in the Fall term of 2022 or later in one of the specified undergraduate programs in the Faculty of Engineering, Science or Social Sciences
All students who are eligible for this scholarship will automatically receive it upon enrolment. It will be applied directly to their tuition fees.
The Entrance scholarship cannot be combined with the Excellence Scholarship for African Students Studying in English.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Scholarship amounts vary based on your admission average and the faculty offering the program of study.
- This significant financial contribution to their education reduces their tuition fees by $17,500 to $25,000 for the excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for the entrance scholarships, depending on the program annually. More details below.
African students studying in English automatically benefit from these scholarships when they enrol in one of these programs:
- Faculty of Engineering: Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Sociology, Anthropology, International Development and Globalization, Conflict Studies, Public Administration
- Faculty of Science: all programs except the joint Honours BSc in Biochemistry / BASc in Chemical Engineering (Biotechnology); the joint Honours BSc in Physics / BASc in Electrical Engineering; and the Honours BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.