The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes outstanding students’ accomplishments at the University in the Fall term.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
This scholarship is renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The criteria for the Scholarship includes not only academic excellence but also accomplishments outside the classroom.
International students who are required to pay a differential fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada are eligible to apply.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- International students who are registered full-time in an undergraduate degree program that commences in the Fall term.
- They have to be new students.
- To be considered for a scholarship, a student must normally present a minimum GPA of 3.20.
- They must also have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship is $20,000, renewable annually in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms.
- The total amount over 4 years of undergraduate program is $80,000.
Method of Application
You can apply for awards as soon as you apply for admission. The application deadline for Fall 2022 admission is 1 December 2022 (early admission) and 1 March 2023 (standard admission).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.