The University of Toronto through School of Graduate Studies is currently inviting applications from exceptional and eligible students for Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International students who wish to enrol in a degree program for 2023-2024 academic session at the University.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship program at U of T is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and the University of Toronto.
The Province allocates OGS awards to universities specifying the number of awards that each may offer to their students annually.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: 15,000 USD
- Deadline: June 1, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program encourages excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario.
Since 1975, the OGS program has been providing merit-based scholarships to Ontario’s best graduate students in all disciplines of academic study.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be eligible for Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- International students who are studying or plan to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa (student study permit) are eligible for a set number of OGS awards (valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline);
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit;
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time basis in 2023-2024;
- Have not exceeded the lifetime maximum of government-funded support or maximum OGS/QEII support available ?for their current level of study;
- Have achieved at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); or if the student has completed two years or more of graduate studies at the time of application, the student must only demonstrate an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) on all graduate courses completed.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Netherland: 2023 Dutch Government Holland Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-Belgium: 2023 Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Poland: 2023 Poland Government Banach Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-France: 2023 Embassy of France Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The value of the OGS is $5,000 per session. Thus, awardees may receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions. In all instances, the awarding graduate unit will contribute to one-third the cost of the total award received by the students.
Each scholarship is tenable for one year (i.e., two consecutive or three academic sessions). The value and duration of each OGS award will be determined by the awarding graduate unit and detailed in the offer letter.
Method of Application
Use the link below to submit your application
Applicants must submit an OGS application to their proposed graduate unit using the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application. Each graduate unit will have their own internal submission deadline to which applicants must adhere. Prior to applying, applicants should review the OGS Application Instructions.
Once the entire application has been completed and submitted online, it will be made available to the proposed graduate unit for review and consideration.
Deadline: June 1, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region