The State Oceanic Administration (SOA) and China’s Ministry of Education jointly initiate the Marine Scholarship of China for the purpose of providing ﬁnancial support to outstanding students from the coastal countries or regions around the South China Sea, the Paciﬁc and the Indian Oceans and African, American developing countries to study in China
This Scholarship is for a master’s or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related specialties, cultivating advanced professionals of the related fields for developing countries, enhancing international marine cooperation and exchange, and promoting harmonious ocean development in the region and around the world.
China Scholarship Council (CSC) is in charge of the admissions and routine management of the Scholarship.
- Host Country: China
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Stipend – RMB 3,000-3500 Per month | Accommodation
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
XMU has an exceptional team for research and teaching in the oceanography and marine-related disciplines, being the birthplace of ocean studies and teaching in China.
The discipline of Marine Science at XMU is a first-class national key discipline and has been chosen for inclusion in the Chinese Government’s Program of Building World-Class Disciplines.
Its Coastal and Ocean Management Institute, College of Ocean and Earth Science, College of Environment and Ecology, and South China Sea Institute (School of Law) have made achievements in the marine-related scientific research and the cultivation of advanced professionals.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school.
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
1. Tuition fee;
2. On-campus accommodation fee oroff-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month for master’s programs; RMB 1,000/month for doctoral programs);
3. Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month for master’s programs; RMB 3,500/month for doctoral programs);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
Note: Other expenses for study in China, such as international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, security deposit and utility costs for on-campus accommodation, and cost of course materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
- Master’s programs: 2 or 3 years;
- Doctoral programs: 4 years.
Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s professional background, academic record, work experience, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments.
The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China’s Ministry of Natural Resources and China Scholarship Council for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in August.
Method of Application
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
1. Applicants shall complete online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Program Category: Type B; Agency No. of XMU: 10384) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
2. Applicants shall complete another online application at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
Application Guide to Master’s Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Master_s_Students.htm
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Doctoral_students.htm