ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship came as an agreement between the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) for the advancement of science in developing countries.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Up to 40 students/scholars from developing countries will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
- Host Country: China
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | 7,000 CNY/monthly Stipends | One-time
- Deadline: February 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-governmental international organization founded in 2018. Founding members include 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide. ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world.
The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Eligible applicants should NOT hold Chinese citizenship;
- Eligible applicants must be nationals of eligible developing countries in the South (Developing Countries in the South | TWAS)
- Eligible applicants should be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For PhD program applicants: you should be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive);
- Eligible applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Eligible applicants should NOT take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If the applicant is currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, s/he will NOT be eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, s/he will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution
You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend: 6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on whether the awardee has passed the qualification test arranged by the University), up to 48 months
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)
- One-time visa
- CAS will cover items 1 to 4 and TWAS/UNESCO will cover items 5 and 6.
- The reimbursement/allowance standards and procedure for item 5 and item 6 will comply with TWAS/UNESCO rules and regulations.
- Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
All awardees are required to finish centralized training in Chinese language, Chinese culture and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
Any PhD awardee who fails the qualification test or annual assessment will face the consequences including:
• Termination of his/her scholarship;
• Discontinuity of his/her doctoral study;
• Being provided with a certificate of attendance for the period of study undertaken in China but not a formal doctoral degree.
All the awardees are required to abide by Chinese laws and USTC/UCAS regulations and rules.
Method of Application
File and submit your application in the USTC/UCAS admission system as requested before the deadline.
When applying, first choose “the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” in your application
Check the box as instructed in the application system to apply for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Scholarship.
Please choose BOTH Young Talents AND then ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Scholarship when applying.
To USTC admission system portal: here
To UCAS admission system portal: here