The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries listed below at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Granting scholarships to citizens from developing countries listed below for studies at Czech public higher education institutions (referred to as “universities”) is an important part of the foreign development cooperation of the Czech Republic and has a long tradition.
From the late 1950s to the present day over 20 000 foreign nationals have completed their studies at Czech universities with a scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Czech Republic
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Accomodation
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Government scholarships for studies at universities in the Czech Republic are governed by a Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 77 as of 28th January 2019 as part of a joint foreign development cooperation program pursued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (https://www.msmt.cz/) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (https://www.mzv.cz/), implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Health (https://www.mzcr.cz/).
These so-called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
- in Follow-up Master study programmes plus a one-year-long preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor’s degree programmes. They can enrol only in study programmes from the selected areas of study in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the university concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for a scholarship award;
- in Follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 are offered only to the citizens of the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- and Zambia.
The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, apply for a scholarship.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 University of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarship for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month
- Whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
The above scholarship amounts include an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs. Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic. Should health services exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover them at his/her own cost.
Method of Application
Each applicant is obliged to fill in an electronic application form at the latest by 30 September 2022. The successful applicant starts studying in the academic year 2023/2024.
Detailed information on the terms and conditions of scholarship awards is provided in the binding “Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic”, issued in Czech and English:
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region