Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them establish academic and research contacts in Europe.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host: Coimbra Group Universities
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Sub-African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket | Stipends
- Deadline: April 7, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Coimbra Group, which was set up in 1987, is an association now composed of 41 European universities. It aims to increase co-operation amongst its members by enhancing special academic and cultural ties and creating channels of information and exchange. More information about the Coimbra Group can be found on the association’s website (www.coimbra-group.eu).
Further details about the universities taking part in the Scholarship programme for young African researchers may be found directly on their own web site at the addresses included in the table below.
Applicants must fulfil ALL of the following criteria at the same time:
- Be born on or after 1 January 1978.
- Be nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in SubSaharan Africa.
- Be preferably of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
- Be in possession of an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- Use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process.
- Apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Submit all information in English only.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Slovakia: 2024 Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Successful candidates will access excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities.
The scholarships include
- financial support for tuition,
- living costs,
- airfares etc
In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities, it is possible to use English as the working language.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2023 edition of this scholarship programme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- Charles University (Czech Republic)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Turku (Finland)
Method of Application
The online application is available until 7 April 2023 at midnight (Brussels time) on the Coimbra Group website: www.coimbra-group.eu/activities/scholarships. Only the universities listed in the table below are taking part in the 2023 edition of this Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme.
The Coimbra Group Office will individually acknowledge each application received. Within two weeks of submitting the online application, candidates should receive an email from the Coimbra Group Office confirming whether their application has been validated or not.
This will be the only acknowledgement of receipt. If candidates do not receive the confirmation message it means that their application was not submitted correctly or there was a technical problem. In that case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 23 April 2023.
The dates and the structure of the visit which will be carried out in the academic year 2023/2024 at the host university will be agreed upon with the host tutor/partner university. All practical details concerning the mobility period, scholarship payment, certificates and visa procedures should be discussed with the host university and not with the Coimbra Group Office.