The TIGER scholarship provides selected scholars with 10,000 EUR worth o financial support, accommodation and personal mentorship throughout the period of study.
University of Aix-Marseille is ranked #180 in Best Global Universities. Its 132 recognized research units and 21 faculties make it a centre of international excellence in social and natural sciences. With more than 500 international agreements, the university participates in the creation of European area of education and research and in the development of mobility.
Within the framework of the TIGER project (Transforming and Innovating in Graduate Education via Research) financed by the French government’s Plan d’Investissement d’Avenir, Aix-Marseille Université has set up a number of measures to further increase its internationalisation. Aix-Marseille Université has chosen its institutes, the true expression of the university’s interdisciplinary dimension, to anchor these new measures.
From the start of the 2022/2023 academic year, the university is going to finance international students with excellent backgrounds to join the ranks of these entities combining teaching, innovation and high-level research.
- Master in Microbiology, Integrative and Fundamental Microbiology track
- Master of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, Nanoscale and quantum engineering (NQE) / Nano-ingénierie et dispositifs quantiques (NDQ) track
- Master of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (co-accredited with the Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne – Campus de Gardanne), Chemical Nano-Engineering (CNE) track (ErasmusMundus)
- Master of Physics, Europhotonics (ErasmusMundus)
- Master of Physics, FunPhys
- Master of Mechanics, Fluids and Solids
- Master of Mathematics and Applications – Computer Science, Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics track
- Master of Integrative Biology and Physiology (BIP)
- Master of Public Health, Quantitative and Econometric Methods for Health Research (MQERS)
- Master of Public Health Societies Development (SPSD)
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, sciences for archaeology, Momarch course
- Master’s degree in geography, planning, environment and development: Geomatics and spatial modeling
- Master’s degree in Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution (BEE), Biodiversity: functions and conservation course
- Master’s degree in Environmental Management, MAEVA course – Management of the Environment, Valuation and Analysis
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences, course in Biological Oceanography and Marine Ecology (OBEM)
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences, Physical and Biogeochemical Oceanography (OPB)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Aix-Marseille University will finance you up to €10,000 for one academic year.
- Aix-Marseille University books a room for you in a CROUS university residence(provided you complete the necessary procedures within the allotted time)
- Aix-Marseille University will support you upon your arrival in France and will guide you throughout your stay.
Method of Application
For the 2022/2023 academic year, the application for TIGER scholarships is automatic when you apply (via the Etudes en France or eCandidat platforms) for one of the masters listed below. With your acceptance letter you will receive the notification whether you have been selected for the TIGER Excellence Scholarship.
Prospective students should refer to the relevant track page and may contact the academic head for any questions.
Please note that being accepted for a TIGER scholarship does not exempt students from paying tuition fees to the university.
Non-EU applicants, please refer to our page Tuition fees for non EU students.