Université Paris-Saclay aims to promote access for international students to its Master’s programmes, provided by its faculties, component-institutions and associated universities, and to make it easier for highly-qualified international students to join the University, especially for those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
These scholarships are awarded for 1 or 2 years to students enrolled in a Master’s program at Université Paris-Saclay, depending on their admission level (M1 or M2), and subject to completion of the required number of credits to go through to the following year of study.
Scholarships will be awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year. Established with the IDEX funding of the 3rd Program Investissements d’Avenir, and based on academic achievements, these scholarships are aimed at students admitted to a Master’s program delivered by Université Paris-Saclay and provided by one of the following institutions:
AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay (ENS Paris-Saclay), INSTN-CEA, Institute of Optics Graduate School (IOGS), University of Evry-Val-d’Essonne (UEVE), University of Paris-Saclay (UPSaclay), University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (UVSQ).
Students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme delivered by one of the following institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UEVE, UPSaclay, UVSQ. Among these students, only those who answer one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students, aged 30 and less during the course of the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, previously or currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, taking language classes (type FFL).
- Students who have lived in France in the past, within the framework of a mobility programme during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange programme…) that did not lead to certification.
• All students who have been or who are enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies, except international students enrolled in a French higher education institution abroad.
- Individuals who have interrupted their studies for more than 3 consecutive years.
- Students holding any other type of scholarship whose amount exceeds €650/month.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship amount is €10,000 per year. It is paid by Université ParisSaclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of no less than 10 consecutive months per year (September to June). A maximum of €1,000 for travel and visa expenses is also awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
These scholarships are awarded for 1 or 2 years depending on the admission level (M1 or M2) and subject to students completing the required number of credits to advance to the next year level.
The selection of laureates falls within the scope of a jury made up of experts from the faculties, component institutions and associated universities of Paris-Saclay University.
The evaluation criteria take into account the following:
- Academic level,
- Personal project,
for students enrolled in an M2 programme: written motivation to pursue a thesis in a Université Paris-Saclay laboratory.
Method of Application
To be considered for the scholarships, students must first be admitted to a Master’s Programme offered at Université Paris-Saclay. Being admitted into a master’s program of the University does not automatically entitle you to a scholarship.
Selected students will automatically be sent a link by email to an online application form. Only students who receive an email from Université Paris-Saclay inviting them to apply for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEX scholarship will be able to submit an application. No unsolicited application is allowed.
The deadline for receipt of full applications is 7 May 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.