The DAAD was founded in 1925 and is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation. She is also the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers.
DAAD conceives that well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. Note that the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship is still ongoing for students in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Tuition | €1,200 Monthly stipends | Travel Allowance | Health Insurance
- Deadline: Varies by courses
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience
- Language skills: Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.