The United Nations University (UNU) in Bonn and University of Bonn is pleased to announce the Joint Masters Scholarships in the field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
The Joint Master’s scholarship is part of a selected group of international postgraduate degrees that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions
Thank you for your interest in our international MSc programme in Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security offered jointly by the United Nations University – Institute for Environment and Human Security and the Department of Geography at the University of Bonn.
The next intake will start in October 2022. Applications are accepted during the application period from 15 September to 15 December, 2021. To apply, please
1. read the information on our website as well as in the FAQ thoroughly,
2. submit this online application form,
3. gather the required documents precisely as explained on our website,
4. and send your complete application documents to us via e-mail to email@example.com.
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Must possess a first higher education qualification (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Geography or a related/relevant academic field.
- Must have a strong motivation to contribute to the area of human security and management of risks related to environmental change.
- Must be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Must provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Must be a native of an eligible developing country.
- Possess an accumulated two years of relevant work experience since graduation from the Bachelor’s by the time of application.
- Having graduated from last academic degree no longer than 6 years ago by the time of application.
- Aiming to pursue a career as a practitioner in the field of development following graduation from the Master’s programme.
- Be ready to commit fully to the Joint Master’s degree in case accepted for the programme and a DAAD EPOS scholarship.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Motivation letter
- Recent CV in EUROPASS format
- Academic degree certificates
- Transcript(s) of Records
- English language proficiency
- Academic references
- Copy of Passport
- DAAD Application form
- Scholarship Motivation Letter
- Professional References
- Work Certificate(s)
- Sample of Academic Work
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link provided below.