Applications are currently ongoing for the 2022 DAAD Masters Scholarships for interested and qualified candidates to study in Germany.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The DAAD Masters Scholarships will provide selected candidates with an annual stipend of €10,332 as well as monthly allowances to cover accommodation, health and travel expenses.
In addition to the free tuition offered by all public universities in Germany, the scholarship additionally offers a monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family and a one-off study allowance of €460.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipends
- 2023 University of British Columbia Killam Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in Canada | offers Full Scholarships and $32,000 annual stipend.
- The University of Westminster Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £20,285 annual stipend.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- €10,792 Annual Stipends
- Travel Costs
- Deadline: August 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The DAAD Masters scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
You can apply if you have completed your first degree (e.g. Bachelor’s or Diplom) at the latest by the time the funding period begins.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the DAAD Masters Scholarship, you must satisfy the following:
- your university degree should not date back more than 6 years at the time of the application deadline.
- you must have been offered admission by a university in Germany – A Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD is only valid if you have been admitted to study at your chosen host university.
- If the degree programme includes a period of study or work placement outside Germany lasting several months, this period abroad is usually only funded under the following conditions:
- The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective, the visit does not take place in the home country, and it is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
- Your application cannot be considered if you have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Scholarship payments of 861 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance (if you come from a DAC country, you will receive a flat rate of € 460; for all other countries the grant is € 260)
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants/section F, point 3
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
To allow you to improve your language skills in preparation for your stay in Germany, the DAAD offers the following benefits:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: German language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the study programme is taught in German. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fee for a TestDaF or DSH test, which you can take either in your home country after you have received your Letter of Award or in Germany during your funding period.
Please note that the DAAD does not cover tuition fees as tuition is free in all German public universities.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages). Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants / Section B, Point 1.
- Letter of admission to the study programme at the host university in Germany. If you have not yet received notification of admission at the time of application, you must submit this before the funding period begins.
- If you are planning to do a second degree or Master’s programme in Germany, you must submit the form “Information about your preferred master programmes”
- If you are planning to spend time studying in Germany as part of a second or Master’s degree programme abroad, you must submit proof that credits acquired in Germany will be recognised by your home university.
- Current overview of grades/ transcript of records with individual grades
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted by the time funding starts if you have not yet completed your programme at the time of application.
- Proof of knowledge of language(s) of instruction in the chosen study programme (should be no older than 2 years). Please submit certificates via the DAAD portal even if the university does not require proof of language skills.
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application (e.g. certificates of employment, proof of extracurricular engagementt)
- Copy of an identification document (passport, ID card, driver licence, student identity card) including your photograph, full name, date of birth and country of origin (please note that you would need an official travel document, i.e. passport, upon your visa application at the latest)
- School leaving certificate with all individual grades (to be uploaded in the portal under “University entrance qualification”)
- Proof of language abilities, not older than 2 years at the time of the application deadline (for English: TOEFL iBT min. 79, IELTS min. 6,5); TOEFL home edition or IELTS indicator (online test) are also accepted
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language (to be uploaded with the corresponding documents)
- Explanation of grading system (to be uploaded in the portal under “University degree certificates”)
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
If you submit documents in your national language, please include German or English translations.
To be submitted by post:
One recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature). Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
Method of Application
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
Interested and qualified applicants should use the APPLY button below to commence their application and read more about the scholarship.
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region