German Government DAAD Scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries.
Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accomodaion | 1,200 Euros Monthly Stipend | Airfare Allowance
- Deadline: Varies By Courses
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
These are the available courses in the DAAD Scholarship
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
The Typical Scholarship Holder
- works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLY: 2023 US Government Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program for International Teachers
APPLY: 2023 Canada Government Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners
Study-In-France: 2023 Embassy of France Scholarships For Nigerian Students
2023 NNPC-Shell National University Scholarship Scheme For Nigerian Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed and signed checklist
- DAAD application “Application for a research/study scholarship” (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the europass template including exact information about your studies, and on practical experience
- One Letter of Motivation with detailed reference to academic, professional and personal reasons for applying for the programme.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), please also give detailed reasons for your choice of courses and prioritisation in the letter of motivation. Please submit a uniform letter of motivation to all postgraduate degree programmes of your choice.
[listLetter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must include official letterhead, signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)]
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) showing at least two years of relevant work experience after the Bachelor’s degree up to the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home. The certificate of employment from the current employer should, if possible, include a guarantee of re-employment after returning to the home country.
- Recent proof of Language Skills:
o English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
o German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates. Please provide a certified translation if the original is not in German or English, and make sure these are clearly legible.
- Copy of your full set of transcript of records. Please provide an explanation of the grading system if this is not part of the transcript.
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Method of Application
Apply directly to the chosen study programme
Application and Selection Procedure
- Step 1: You send your complete application(s) directly to the according postgraduate course.
- Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- Step 3: The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
- Step 4: The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Deadline: Varies By Courses
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region