The DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship supports candidates for Masters degree from developing countries who have a strong academic and professional background.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Scholarship recipients typically have work experience in a public authority, state institution and/or a private company in a developing country, and therefore they will have been engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies relating to technology, economics and/or social impact.
In collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), a limited number of scholarships are available for MSc. Agricultural Economics at the University of Hohenheim under the special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS). For up-to-date requirements and application procedures, please refer to their official webpage.
For applicants to be considered, they must at least fulfill the following baseline requirements:
- Citizen of a developing country
- Minimum 2 years professional experience post Bachelor’s, prior to the date of applying
Note that employment in academia, like teaching and research at a university or research institute, is not considered relevant work experience for this initiative; only in very exceptional cases can it be accepted.
- Academic degrees should be less than 6 years old
- Development-related motivations and intentions
- Must not have resided in Germany for longer than 15 months by the application deadline
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- DAAD scholarship recipients will have their tuition fees waived for the 2 years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program, and they will receive health insurance, a monthly living stipend, travel costs to Germany and back as well as for research (see EPOS webpage for details and extras).
Scholarship applicants must also fulfill the basic requirements for the Master’s program:
- DAAD Application Form, physically signed and dated
- Up-to-date CV (europass), physically signed and dated
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages), physically signed and dated
- Certificate(s) of Employment from employer(s) that prove you are currently employed and have the minimum requirement of two years of relevant employment (between completion of your Bachelor’s degree and the application deadline).
- Proof of English proficiency,
- Diploma & Transcript of Records copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) (secondary school leaving certificate) copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- Ranking Letter if additional proof is needed to show that the final grade of your previous degree was actually above average
- Recommendation from current employer, on official letterhead, including information on the position and the contact details of the referee, signed and dated.
Method of Application
The University of Hohenheim uses the HohCampus portal for applications. Scholarship applications, submitted by email, can only be considered if there is a corresponding application on HohCampus.