Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program for young undergraduate African students.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us – @scholarsregion
— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
MCFSP at KNUST provides comprehensive scholarships for access to quality university education to QUALIFIED academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers an opportunity for her scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to become effective change leaders. The Program provides an array of services including mentorship, ethical leadership seminars, skills training, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will equip the scholar to be a global citizen.
- Host Country: Ghana
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: August 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The goal of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformative leaders who would influence positive forward-looking changes in their respective home countries specifically and on the African Continent as a whole.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
- For admission into KNUST Ghanaian applicants need to purchase an E voucher for the purpose and fill the application for admission whenever the online portal opens – (HERE!) international applicants are instructed to visit the same address and select the option for International students only.
- NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to: Females, Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.), Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community
- The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application form (HERE!)
- The scholarship application form is free and has a feature of a “2022” watermark
- Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can. Do not wait until admissions are opened at KNUST
- Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to the address below;
The Program Manager,
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building,
International Applicants Should Note and attach copies of their original certificates of their results or their equivalent results.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The application for the scholarship is a staggered ongoing process, from mid-March to end of September, 2022.
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
- There will be 3 interviews in sequence conducted by 3 independent panels and at each stage, unsuccessful candidates would be notified.
- For Ghanaian applicants, there would be unannounced on-site visits.
- Successful applicants would be written to only when their results have been verified, interviewed 3 times and for Ghanaian applicants visited.
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- The decisions of the Terminal Selection Committee are Final.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants as when necessary.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click on the button below;
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Visit HERE to check out many more Scholarship opportunities.
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels: