NUI Galway (Irish OÉ Gaillimh) is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland. It is located in Ireland’s westerly city of Galway. A tertiary-level educational institution, it is ranked among the top 2 per cent of universities in the world.
NUI Galway is internationally recognised for its excellence, and we are counted among the Top 1% of universities worldwide. In the past five years, NUI Galway has been the only university in Ireland to rise consistently in the most competitive World University Rankings.
- Host Country: Ireland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Countries
- Reward: €1,000
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
NUI Galway is committed to attracting high calibre students from around the world. To this end, the University offers a range of merit based partial tuition fee waivers to eligible students.
Scholarships applicants are assessed based on academic merit.
To be considered for the National University of Ireland scholarship, you must:
Be an undergraduate or Postgraduate Student from Sub-Saharan Africa that has accepted an offer to study at NUI Galway commencing September 2022 will be considered for these awards.
Sub-Saharan African Scholarships are available to high-achieving students from Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Awards for Sub-Saharan African students are valued from €1,000 up to 50% tuition fee waivers for those commencing study at NUI Galway in September 2022.
Applicants will be asked to submit a Personal Scholarship Statement. (500 words maximum) covering the following points:
- Your interest in coming to NUI Galway.
- Why you believe you are a good candidate for this scholarship.
- How will you promote links with NUI Galway, both during your scholarship tenure and as alumni?
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.
Announcements will be made in early June.