Applications for the 2023 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship have been announced for international students to study in Ireland.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship is a fully-funded sponsorship that covers the tuition fees of €5,750 per annum and will also provide a stipend of €18,500 per annum to selected students.
Scholarship holders are also eligible to direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum throughout the period of their study.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 University of Minnesota Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $20,000 annual stipends
- 2022 Dalhousie University Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $50,000 annual stipend.
- 2022 IAEA Marie-Curie Scholarship Programme for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and €20,000 annual stipend.
- Host Country: Ireland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- €21,750 stipend per annum
- Application Opens: September 8, 2022
- Deadline: October 20, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship has the following requirements;
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either programme type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or
- Applications will only be accepted in either Irish or English language.
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant
programme, including to strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
- The Irish Research Council is not in a position to award funding for research activity under any of the following prohibited areas:
- human cloning for reproductive purposes;
- genetic modification of human beings that could make such changes heritable
(with the exception of research relating to cancer treatment of the gonads, which
may be funded); or
- creation of human embryos solely for the purpose of research or for the purpose
of stem cell procurement, including by means of somatic cell nuclear transfer.
Find more details about the eligibility and requirements of this scholarship here.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship offers the following;
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Method of Application
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to email@example.com.