Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme is an initiative where 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: Ireland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships |
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | €10,000 stipend Per Year
- Deadline: March 24, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The aim of the 2023 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs).
Scholarships are branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education, research and innovation.
It is expected that for every scholarship awardee, awareness of Ireland among many more potential students as a location of excellence in international will rise.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Candidates must demonstrate record of outstanding academic achievement
- Excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extra curriculum activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics either local, national or international; arts; sports;
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-China: 2023 Schwarzman Scholars Programme for International Students
Study-In-Netherlands: 2023 Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) For International Students
Study-In-Germany: 2023 Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Eligible students are invited to submit applications via the official online application process at this link. A marking system (total 100 marks) is part of the call with the relevant scores shown in brackets after the key selection criteria.
The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate Profile). Applicants will be required to demonstrate: o the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to the institution, to Ireland (economically and societally), as well as their country of origin. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximise their academic and cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks).
- Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
Method of Application
The call for applications will issue 14 December 2022 and the centralised application system (link) is now live and accepting applications.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 24 March 2023 (Irish Time). Late applications will not be accepted.
- The application should be submitted via this link.
- Any questions regarding the call for applications should be submitted to GOIIES@hea.ie no later than 24 March 2023. Telephone queries cannot be accommodated.
- The HEA will advise the applicants and the HEIs of the outcome of the evaluation process by 1 June 2023.
Deadline: March 24, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region